Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Take A Seat for Esperanza

I was a little lost when I took this picture. It had been a really long time since I had been Downtown, and well I could not seem to find 3rd street. You see the street is broken off by a huge apartment complex. So I was walking and I came upon this small park.
I remember that as a little boy I used to go Downtown quite often with my parents, and every time I would see this little park and hoped that I could go in there and see how it was. And as luck would have it, I finally had the chance to actually visit the place. Boy was it small! It is the smallest park I had ever seen. It was also the dirtiest. As I walked in a rat about the size of my shoe (11) ran across my feet. The only thing I really did like was the view and the sign that was at the entrance. The sign read: ESPERANZA, meaning Hope in Spanish. It was quite interesting because it was spelled backwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment